Students & Staff Members

Quality agreements - student or faculty/staff member

As a student or faculty member of an educational institution, you can exert influence on the content of the quality agreements, even if you are not a member of the participation council. The board and the participation council are supposed to ensure a broad engagement of the community of the university or the university of applied sciences.

Due to the quality agreements, extra money becomes available for improvements of education. Your institution can spend it on six themes. This can make a difference for you too: perhaps you may be granted additional hours for supervision to better support students. Or perhaps the university or university of applied sciences can provide additional training sessions or other forms of support. It is therefore of importance to know what the quality agreements entail for your role within the institution.

Three tips

  1. If you have ideas about what is necessary for improvement of education at your educational program, you may always approach the educational program committee. For ideas concerning the buildings and workplaces, it is best to approach the participation council of your university or university of applied sciences, or that of your academy, domain, or faculty. Through the quality agreements, they may be able to free up more funds for matters you consider to be important.
  2. Whenever you share experiences or ideas, it is good to not only do this verbally, but also send your input via email. This ensures that there is a record of your input, which facilitates your representative to more easily transfer this information to your colleagues or potential successors.
  3. If you would like to engage yourself in the quality agreements, becoming active in the participation council may be suitable for you. Get in touch with the participation council at your institution in order to get more information on what this would entail.

Would you like to know more about the role of the participation council? Please visit the pages for the central councils, decentralized councils and educational program committees.